Hey crafties! If anyone is in Toronto this weekend (Sat Oct 22) or knows someone that lives here, I’m teaching a super fun “hack your t-shirts up and make em into something cool” class! The class is only $20! Please spread the word! Especially if you’ve got teens…they’re going to love it! Plus we’ll have craftie freebies for all! See you there!
Get Your Craft On!
I’m going to be in Orlando at the Southern Women’s Show! This super fun, action-packed hour is all about unleashing your creativity! Start the hour off getting crafty! Three lucky participants will be chosen from the audience to get crafty for 10 minutes using a table full of craft supplies. A winner will be selected by audience applause. Next, I’ll share my designer secrets when it comes to creating beautiful DIY projects for your home and will be featuring images from my TV show “She’s Crafty” to inspire you. Last but not least, the audience will be treated to a fabulous make n’ take project sponsored by Westcott scissors that you’ll actually want to use – everyday!
Thursday October 13, 4pm
Friday October 14, 2pm
Saturday October 15, 5pm
Sunday October 16, 10:15am
I’m super thrilled to announce that I’m going to be on the Marilyn Denis Show tomorrow, September 29th at 10am EST on CTV! My segment is all about Instant DIY Art. Get some super fun ideas for creating easy-peasy art for your home. If you’re not in Canada, you can watch it online at www.marilyn.ca!
Thanks so much for watching!
I’m doing all sorts of fun stuff wit the JF&A Show coming up very soon!
THE CRAFT CHALLENGE
Thursday, July 21 10:00am – 10:30am
Friday, July 22 10:00am – 10:30am
Saturday, July 23 10:00am – 10:30am & 1:30pm – 2:00pm
Sunday, July 24 11:00am - 11:30am
I will select three lucky buyers on the show floor to take a pile of craft supplies and produce a craft project that I will specify. You will have 15 minutes to complete the challenge. The winner will be selected by little ol’ me with the applause of the crowd and the winner will receive a $50 SHOWBUCKS coupon to spend on the show floor!! May the best crafter win!!
THE SECRET SHOPPER CHALLENGE
Thursday, July 21 3:00pm – 3:30pm
Friday, July 22 3:00pm – 3:30pm
Saturday, July 23 3:00pm – 3:30pm
Sunday, July 24 1:00pm – 1:30pm
In this fun event, I will select a buyer randomly on the show floor who has made a purchase (so have your shopping bags visible) to shop the show floor with $50 in SHOWBUCKS to purchase products from exhibitors on the show floor for a craft project. Maybe a plain scarf than can be enhanced, or bedazzling a plain t-shirt with silver or rhinestone embellishments, or making a piece of jewelry from scratch. The challenge is for you, the buyer, and me to figure out. So be prepared to be stopped on the show floor for this exciting shopping spree!! Good luck!!
July 21 – 24, 2011
Thursday, July 21
10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Friday – Sunday, July 22 – 24
9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Rosemont, Illinois
I’m adding a new section to my blog – I’m answering as many fan letters as I can!
Here’s a letter from Laura Miranda via Facebook:
You are my girl crush! getting married in november and i have two boxes full of ticket stubs receipts just a lot of good times with my love just wondering what would be the best way to display the day of the wedding?
Oh Laura….aren’t you sweet! I have a couple of girl crushes myself. And listen, if I knew you, I’m sure you’d be one of them.
I have the same collection! All of the concert and events we’ve ever been to. I have mine in a photo album. So, you could put them in an album, scrapbook, what-have-you. And leave that out on the table where you’ve got the guest book for the guests to flip through. You could also put them in a large frame, shadowbox, or diy corkboard…and then hang it on the wall at the reception. If you want to get really fancy, you could add them to the top of a coffee table (use either double stick tape or decoupage glue) and either put a piece of glass on top to protect them, or for a more permanent application, pour resin over top.
Hope that helps! Happy wedding! W xo
Come on down to the Coast to Coast Creative Arts Convention in Mississauga, ON, Canada from April 27 – May 1, 2011.
I’ll be there on Saturday April 30 doing crafty demonstrations from 11-12pm and again from 1-2pm. Stop by!
Thanks to all these fab sponsors! Come see the fun projects I make with their cool stuff!
Martin F. Weber
Come on down to the Victoria Spring Home Expo in beautiful Victoria, BC, Canada!
Victoria Spring Home Expo
Juan de Fuca Rec Centre
1767 Island Hwy, Victoria
$5 to get in
opens 1pm on Fri Apr 15, closes 4pm on Sun Apr 17
Bridget Savereax (Home Staging Expert) and I will be taking the stage a number of times on the weekend! Come check it out!
The latest issue of Canadian Living magazine is out! The April 2011 issue features my latest contribution in “Home Matters”! On page 133, see my eco-friendly, multi-purpose Earth Day project!
I used a recycled cabinet door, a vintage tin clock face (thanks to my editor Karen Kirk!), vintage door knobs & rusty bike chain.
Special thanks to Cyclemania in Toronto for the free bike chain~ you guys rock! 416-533-0080
Everything else I picked up at ReStore (Habitat for Humanity) and Michael’s Craft Store.
Dessert is my favourite meal of the day. It’s also my favourite food group. If I could have dessert for breakfast, lunch and dinner I would. And let’s be real, I have.
That’s why I figured if I was going to throw a party this New Year’s Eve, it would be ‘all dessert, all the time’.
New Year?s Eve Dessert Party!
- Dust off all the items you haven’t used in a year and if, when you pull the items out and aren’t really happy to see them, it’s time to get rid of them! Try to use what you have. We all have so many items that can be used for entertaining. Bring out items you inherited from your grandmas/mothers and use ?em!
- This is the time to use a tall stunning centre piece because you’re not sitting down at the table – no fear of blocking your view of anyone.
- When you’re putting your buffet table together, think about adding height, colour, balance and unity whenever possible. Add height using things around the house; a jewelry box, square book ends, gift boxes from the dollar store. Think outside the box!
- Choose your colour scheme based on what you already have. Don’t feel like you need to do red & green everywhere. Holiday decor now comes in every colour imaginable so you can work it seamlessly into your existing decor without it looking like the Grinch threw up in your house.
- There are a few ways to organize your buffet table. You can do it by type: savory & chocolate & everything else. IE: everything chocolate on one side and cheeses/nuts/ etc on the other. Everything else in the middle; Christmas cake, shortbread, etc. Alternatively you could divide the table up by special dietary needs: gluten/wheat-free section, no nuts, etc. This shows your guests you really care about making sure there is something there for them to eat. Label everything; that way they don’t have to be embarrassed to ask. Plan for 1-2 bites per person of each; have 8-10 choices of different desserts.
- If you have the room for it, take a cue from professional caterers and have access to both sides of your table. If you’ve got lots of people coming, take it one step further and mirror the food on the table so guests only need to attend one side of the table.
- Put the drinks on a separate table to make it easy for guests to serve themselves as they wish. Have regular coffee/decaf/black tea/decaf teas/sparkling water (one 750 ml bottle per person). Serve sparkling wine and have 1/2 – 3/4 bottle per guest. Make sure the invitation is clear that this is the only type of alcohol that will be served and that it’s only ‘dessert’ so there won’t be any disappointed guests.
- Start your party at 9pm ? that way everyone will have already eaten dinner and it?s a short three hours away until the New Year! Your evening will go by quickly, seamlessly and will be a ton of fun!
Check out more great stuff at www.cityline.ca
*photos courtesy of www.westelm.com